WILL I LIVE TO BE 80?
Some times you just have to ask yourself 'Will I live to be 80?'
I recently chose a new primary care physician.
After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly
well' for my age.
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do
you think I'll live to be 80?'
- He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco or drink alcoholic beverages?'
- 'No,' I replied. 'I don't do drugs, either..'
- Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?'
- I said, 'No, my other doctor said that all red meat is unhealthy!'
- 'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, fishing or relaxing on the beach?'
- 'No, I don't,' I said.
- He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'
- 'No,' I said. 'I don't do any of those things.'
Then he looked at me and asked, 'Then why do you give a ****?'
Note: The content on these pages has come to me by email. If you own any of the content on these pages and want it removed contact the site owner here!
If you would like credit and a link I will be happy to oblige.